About DuPuy Oxygen & Supply
DuPuy Oxygen has been in operation since 1954 in Waco, Texas. Les DuPuy purchased a small "Linde" distributor in 1954. At that time, it was a two man operation with one truck. Les' mom offered to loan him some money for the start of the business, but Les declined the loan saying that he would "risk his money, but not hers."
The risk paid off, and DuPuy Oxygen grew as Waco, and the surrounding communities grew. In 1980, DuPuy Oxygen bought the store front from Liquid Air in Temple, giving our company a Temple branch location. In 1981, DuPuy opened a store in Corsicana. In 1993, DuPuy opened a store in Killeen, TX and in 1999 in Ennis, TX. A Round Rock, TX store was opened in 2004 followed by a store in Cleburne, TX in 2005.
In 1984 Les retired and his wife, Virginia DuPuy, took over operation of the business. Cary and Carr DuPuy began working for the company in 1985 and 1987 respectively. The stores have grown from two people in 1954 to the 79 employees we have today.